6. Katherine’s second feature in a week! Nice.
So I received this e-mail in response to her Torrero’s rating yesterday:
RE: Blog Feature
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! I can’t believe I didn’t know you had a blog!!!
Thanks for all the nice things you said!!! So glad you appreciate my love for tortilla chips!!!
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen so many exclamation points used in so few sentences before in my life. I rate this a 6 for several reasons.
1) Exclamation points help me feel the excitement of someone else, therefore making me happy.
2) I know the look on Katherine’s face when she’s excited, and the exclamation points made me see that mental movie even though it was in writing. Isn’t that the point of them?
3) So many makes me wonder if my blog is REALLY that funny and fabulous, or whether or not it might be a bit of an exaggeration. (Trust me, I’d rather believe the first, but I’d also like to believe I’m not that naive)
4) If they’re consistently used that much, won’t they lose their value and meaning? I’m wondering if it’s not a slippery slope…