Before I post the guest rating from Andy, let me give the challenge some context. For the new year Andy and I decided to embark on a burrito rating challenge, traveling to all the local burrito joints and rating them according to the same scale so we can find the best burrito once and for all. Now, on to the guest rating!
Burrito Stop #1: Carruburritos
Location: Carrboro, NC
By: Andy Giemza
Preface – I am not a writer, a blogger, nor a restaurant critic. I do love burritos. Why? Because burritos are a perfect food. If you are a fan of the gym or health in general, you should be a fan of the burrito. Rice, beans, salsa, veggies, cheese – amazing/awesome. The burrito encompasses the entire food pyramid in a perfect way. That being said, the following is simply my interpretation of a restaurant/ burrito experience.
Carrburritos – 7.5 :
Pollo Asado Burrito – Marinated grilled chicken breast – Regular: Wrapped in a flour tortilla w/pinto or black beans, cheese, lettuce and salsa fresca.
1. Nutrition: -1. Who knows what the nutritional value of this food is? Bummer. While going to a local restaurant is awesome because you are, hopefully, supporting the community, they don’t post the nutritional information for their products. It can be noted that while they grill their chicken and all the other ingredients look the same as what you would make at home… who knows? It’s 2009, post that sh!t!
2. Taste: -1.5. The chicken was dry. The burritos peed on you at the end. Are the ingredients that juicy? I don’t want a soggy burrito friend.
3. Price: Okay, I am a slacker. It has been so long that I can’t remember how much the food cost. I seem to recall that it was around $10 a person. Not too shabby. Please know that a “serving” constitutes a burrito, chips/salsa and water.
4. Chips/Salsa: Amazing. Carrburritos has flour chips. If you haven’t tried them, you don’t know. And you should. There are many different types of salsa to try as well. Great! The chipotle salsa is aromatic and tastes smoky. Delicious.
5. Atmosphere: Hippies. Love’em. Beautiful tattooed hippies. Everyone there is nice. Cool-ass people. I was disappointed that the Art*O*Mat wasn’t working. Big disappointment. Who doesn’t want to pay a minimum for original art. Although, I wonder what that original art may be.
There you have it folks. I give Carrburritos a 7.5. Eat there. It’s good. You’ll like it. I’m sure of it.