CLEANING PROJECT: 8
This weekend I tackled and sort of finished up my aggressive room cleaning project. After waiting to unpack, my suitcase did it for me, and exploded all over my floor 😦
So I used this as a reason to completely clean out my larger-than-necessary closet.
And ended up with all this to give away!
-1: no matter how much I thoroughly clean things, it always seems like there’s another project waiting for me when I’m ‘done’ (my desk, filing cabinet, porch, etc.). I never seem to have time to do all at once, therefore never feel completely good about the status of my apt/life.
-1: still have to steam-clean the carpets after the hambone incident. Will be working on that this afternoon.
THIS WEEK’S FRAMILY DINNER: 10!
The theme tonight was ‘Cafeteria Lunch’. Didn’t make for the healthiest options, but was certainly entertaining. To be found were a mix of the following:
- Sloppy joes (some with beef, some with turkey)
- Tater tots
- Curly fries
- Canned corn
- Baked apples
- Mac and Cheese
- Ice Cream sandwiches
- Drumstick ice cream desserts
Along with the good food was 14 awesome framily members and three puppies. Glenn hosted for the first time which was awesome for two reasons. Actually, I can think of three.
1) His house is adorable. Very homey and cute.
2) We got to meet some of his friends from the neighborhood who were not only awesome, but also brought along some pretty incredible dogs (one of which has convinced me I want a Golden).
3) It meant Sarah joined us. Glenn’s wife has come to several framily dinners, but is very busy and important as a college professor so often have to miss them. That being said, she’s AWESOME and it’s always great when she gets to join 🙂
PLUS, since Laura and Snooky are moving soon they brought along some goodies for everyone to pick over!
And per usual, a group hug before everyone left…
I can’t wait to host soon, as I FINALLY got some dessert plates! Well on my way to adulthood I’d say 🙂