Back to NYC

This past weekend I headed back to New York City for the second set of sessions at Teacher U.  Equally excited to be back teaching (actually, maybe more so as I had a week to make improvements based off of last weekend), and a good friend made it out of the hospital safely so this time I got to spend some QT with him.  Weirdly enough I have no pictures to prove that though, as it appears I only take pictures of food… need to improve on that.


SIGNIFICANTLY better than last time!  Despite my flight arriving at 5, he got me there in a little over a half hour.  I couldn’t believe it, as I predicted NYC rush hour traffic would be much worse.  In addition, he was super nice and drove so smoothly the thought of being carsick barely entered my mind.  Just in case, I did steal a barf bag from the plane and stowed it in my bag…

-1: at one point he zoomed by all the traffic by moving over to the breakdown lane.  I tried to get a picture but it came out blurry 😦  Pretty sure that move was illegal and highly dangerous.  Although this did lead to the short trip time… having a bit of a dilemma about this point.


Once arriving at Brent’s place, we headed down the street (literally like a 7 minute walk) for some incredible Indian food.  While the food was delicious, I’ll admit it renewed my respect for India Palace here in Chapel Hill, as the chicken vindaloo was just about the same 🙂

We started with some unique fried cauliflower.  I thought this was a good idea as I’ve been working to integrate more cauliflower into my diet, however I’m pretty sure the deep fried part negates any of the health points.  Minus the point off for that, there was absolutely nothing else wrong with them.  In fact, I’d say there was a lot right about them.

Crispy, caulfilowery, and smothered in a delicious sauce, these may have been the highlight of the meal (besides the company and conversation, obviously).

After that we headed back for some last minute prep for my next-day sessions.


After my sessions were over I decided to walk down to Times Square from Brent’s apartment and scope out the TKTS booth for discount Broadway tickets.  Ever since I was a kid my parents would bring us there to see musicals, and I figured there was no better way to spend my evening.  About a 40-minute walk there, I got a chance to catch up with some folks on the phone, and get a little exercise.

Unfortunately once there, I decided the tickets were still a bit above my price range 😦  I decided to hold out for a potential future visit.

I then walked about 50 minutes back, and at this point was getting pretty darn cold.  While warmer then last week, this also meant I didn’t do nearly as good a job at bundling 😦  I finally made it to a cute little German restaurant where I met Brent and had a chance to warm up with this:


SO GOOD.  I haven’t had one since Germany, and it totally hit the spot.  Only downside was he brought me the giant version, which ended up costing $10, and did not go quite as well with my low tolerance.  Still totally worth it.

Left the restaurant and spent a little QT with another friend (where I had a chance to rock out at some rock band) and then hit the sack before heading home first thing Sunday morning.

Unfortunately no luck getting bumped this time 😦


First of all, it’s pretty nice having someone pick you up at the airport period.  But to greet you with flowers?  I’m pretty sure it doesn’t get much better 🙂

Getting a little bit excited about the family visits on the Bachelor this evening!!! Stay tuned 🙂

Until then, just living for the tens!


One comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s