This post will need to begin with a little background info. on what went down two seasons ago on The Bachelor, and more importantly, the most dramatic ‘After the Final Rose’ EVER.
- On the finale of The Bachelor: Jason’s season, Jason sends Molly packing and proposes to Melissa. They’re overjoyed and jump in a pool.
- Immediately after this airs, we head to ‘After the Final Rose’. We see Jason with Melissa first. Long-time fans are thinking… ‘This is weird. Normally they bring out the rejected one first so they can chat, and then end happily ever after with the engaged couple being seen in public for the first time.” Sure enough, he dumps Melissa on national television.
- Next, out comes Molly, with no clue what just happened. She’s expecting the classic ‘dumpee’ interview. Instead she gets a ‘I still love you and want a second chance’ from Jason.
- She’s shocked. Not sure what to think. ‘Is this a joke?’ Wait, don’t ask those questions. This is what every dumpee wants… YES! I’LL TAKE YOU BACK! LET’S GET MARRIED! Okay, not quite that dramatic, but she does agree to have a drink with him afterwards and talk about it.
- We find out months later they are now engaged and in love. ABC agrees to pay for their wedding if they air it on TV.
TA DA! Here we are, March 8, and it’s their wedding day!
PLANNING YOUR WHOLE WEDDING IN ONE WEEKEND: 4
I can’t even imagine! Weeks before the wedding and they had done nothing. Your first reaction is “WTF?!”, but then you realize that the world’s best wedding planner, event planner, cake maker, jewelry designer, dress maker, etc. are all on your team to make this happen.
So actually, what could be better than spending a weekend in LA (for free) to do nothing but make decisions. Then everyone else gets to work and you prepare to party.
I think this is how I’d like to get married.
WEDDING THEME: 8
I must admit, I totally dug their theme. Especially when compared to Trista’s at the last Bachelor Wedding. Pink anyone?
This one was a lot more natural and ‘earthy’, with lots of greens, browns and whites. I loved all the leaves, and I especially loved the invitations 🙂
It’s to be expected that there’s going to be some corniness on a wedding show, but when Jason kept scanning Molly during the registry portion of the show, it was a bit much.
And I have to be honest, this was one of the first times in all of my time watching the show that I felt like they were acting.
I completely understand, but it was EVERYWHERE! This is how they finance an expensive wedding, and I don’t blame Molly and Jason a bit. Everything for free? Yes please! I just couldn’t help but constantly notice the name brands that were popping up left and right. And it was clear who paid… the apple symbol on several computers was strategically covered while there was no shame in the rest of the name dropping.
MOLLY’S REHEARSAL DINNER DRESS: 9
It took ‘little black dress’ to the next level. Not plain at all, and looked INCREDIBLE on her. -1 because it was surely donated by a top designer just to be seen on TV, meaning I can never score one for myself. I’ll get over it. In the meantime, loving it on her.
WEDDING PLANNER BITTERNESS: 2
Okay, so the weather wasn’t great. In fact, it looked like a hurricane was about to happen.
“Normally there would be a Plan B, but that choice wasn’t made. I would have made that choice, and we would have been nice and cozy and warm inside.”
Hmmm… do you really wanna call out the Bride and Groom on national TV on the day of their wedding? Pretty sure that might not be a good idea… especially if you were hoping this spot would get your more business.
MOLLY’S HAIR: 6
After all the excitement about her celebrity hair-stylist, I must admit I was kind of embarrassed for her when I saw it. Thankfully they had recovered it by the time she walked down the aisle, but seriously, what was going on with the first run?
WEDDING WEATHER: 3
So the hurricane weather has to be minus a lot for:
1) almost ruining the outdoor wedding with no backup plan
2) freezing out all the guests
3) ruining the hairdos by the fabulous, famous hairdressers
HOWEVER, the rain gave way in time for the wedding, and Molly walked down the aisle to ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ with an actual rainbow in the sky. You can’t ask for much more than that 🙂 +3
NO ONE GIVING THEM AN UMBRELLA WHEN IT STARTED TO POUR DURING THEIR VOWS: 0
She’s wearing the most expensive outfit there, and it’s their wedding, yet everybody sits there watching, comfortable with their umbrellas, and no one gets up to cover them. Totally shocked by this. And disappointed.
THE PR SPIN BEHIND THE TELEVISED WEDDING: 8
After watching all of it, and listening to both their stories and the stories of their family and friends, I like Jason a bit more. I’ve also decided this is why they decided to televise their wedding. After the ‘horrible, terrible, awful, very bad year’ I can only imagine they wanted a way to win over the public again and hopefully put the lid on all the tabloid trash talk.
I think it may have worked. After two hours of seeing them be pretty normal, and nice, people, it’s hard to still hate him. Especially now that Melissa’s married too. Everyone’s happy 🙂
NEXT WEEK’S ‘BEHIND THE ROSE’ 20/20 SPECIAL: 6
God these producers are good. I thought I finally had my Monday nights back (BodyFlow anyone?) until I saw tonight’s ad for next week’s ‘Behind the Rose’ 20/20 special, with investigative reporting about the Bachelor. I suppose I can give them one more week 🙂
Until then, just living for the tens!